2 years old – 5 years old
Gethsemane offers a diverse early education program providing Christian education, nurturing and hands-on learning. Children can begin in our Early Preschool Class as young as two years old and we will help with potty training. Our students participate in a variety of exciting activities such as gardening, age-appropriate science experiments, and field trips. GCA kids learn early to serve others by participating in food drives, and decorating cards for soldiers and seniors. Students participate in flag raising ceremonies, weekly chapel, and perform in two musical performances each year. Our active learning environment is perfect for engaging preschool minds.
- Circle Time: Time for a story and a welcome to the class for the day. Discussion on the date, weather, color, letter and number of the week.
- Faith Education: Children are introduced to Bible verses, stories and songs. They also participate in Chapel each week and service projects.
- Spanish: Students are introduced to the Spanish language through song and activities. They learn Spanish numbers, colors and basic words.
- Physical Education: Beyond recess PhysEd classes 2x/week introduce kids to basic sports and games.
- Music Education: While song is always present in the classroom, preschool students also work with our music department on two programs each year.
Here is an example of a typical day for a preschool or prekindergarten student
8:20AM Students arrive in class
8:30AM Circle Time/Welcome/Letter and Number of the day/Pledge
- Monday: Music
- Wednesday: Chapel
- Thursday: Library
9:15AM Snack Time
10:00-11:20AM Science/lessons/Jesus Time