Grades: K – 5
Gethsemane offers a strong Christian education. Our K – 5 elementary works on a blended classroom model, with Kindergarten and First grades, Second and Third grades, as well as Fourth and Fifth grades working together in the classroom. Blending students for two years allows GCA to provide a greater degree of individual student academic growth and to also develop problem solving and team building skills. Primarily, students will spend both years with the same teachers allowing students, parents and teachers to build close, personal relationships.
Our students learn early to serve others by participating in service projects, like Chores for Charity. The students earn the money, buy the food and stock the shelves of a food bank, teaching them a lesson they will never forget. Our active learning environment keeps kids engaged in education.
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PROGRAMS
- Faith Education: Children are introduced to Bible verses, stories and songs. They also participate in and take turns leading Chapel each week. Service Projects are an important part of our faith studies.
- Languages: Spanish is a part of our curriculum for all elementary students.
- Physical Education: Students participate in Physical Education once a week and have recess daily.
- Music Education: We have a top notch music program including choir and band for older students. There are musicals each year, as well as performances in our church.
- Drama: Children perform dramas and skits in the Chapel.
- Technology: Computers, interactive white boards and iPads are important and regular tools in our curriculum allowing us to make learning fun and keep up with cutting edge technology.
- Athletics: Beginning in 4th grade students can participate in flag football, softball, volleyball, basketball, track and field, cross country and archery.
GETHSEMANE IN ACTION
The Manna Bag Project. Gethsemane families bought food, water and necessities to pack in bags that go to the homeless and people in need.